Well this entry is a bit past due, but things have just been crazy and I haven't been able to find time to share this hilarious story.
Three weeks ago I was sitting with the boys eating dinner and I happened to be sitting in Johns seat because he wasn't home. Mason threw his head back to laugh and I noticed something green in his nose. My first thought was "how can he have green snot he hasn't even been sick"!! Then he put his head back again and I looked again and thought it was odd that it was only in one nostril. I moved in to inspect and decided it must be something else and not snot. I called the wonderful woman who watches him if she had fed him peas that day and she assured me that she had never fed him peas! She did say he had been playing in the little patch of flowers she has and she had thought he was picking his nose while over there but perhaps he had been sticking leaves in his nose instead. I agreed that that was probably the case and decided to forget about it--for all of about two minutes. He leaned back again and I didn't think it was the right color to be a leaf. So I went over to him and looked and was sure that it was in fact something else. But I couldn't figure out how to get it out-it was not in his nostril at all-it was way up where I could barely even see it!!!! I covered his mouth and plugged his other nostril so that it moved a small amount with his breath into the very top of his nostril and stuck my own finger up his nose-I figured he probably wouldn't mind too much since he is always sticking his own fingers in his nose. Well wouldn't you know it...it was a PEA! AND IT WAS STARTING TO SPROUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't remember the last time we had fed him peas, but they had been from our garden so they had not been processed to the point where they couldn't sprout. It was amazing--I love having boys!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment